Beautifully Nutty – Recipe #2
This is seriously one of my all-time favorite salad recipes. I was blown away with this one and hope you will be too!
- 2 small chicken breasts
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- squeeze of lime juice
- sprinkle of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Peanut Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 1 dot of hot siracha sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mixed dark green lettuce
- carrots, cut into slivers
- red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with aluminum foil and a light spray of olive oil.
- Use fork to puncture chicken breasts. Then sprinkle on coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare peanut sauce by combining sauce ingredients into a food processor or mini food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by plating chopped lettuce, topping with carrots, red pepper, onions, cilantro, and basil.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, cut into bite-sized pieces and place on top of salad.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice and ENJOY!