Beautifully Nutty – Recipe #4
Hearty Curry Squash Lentil Stew (in the crock-pot)
Pull out the slow-cooker! This stew is made in the crockpot so you can toss everything in and then forget about it for a while! It is a very filling yet healthy stew.
Cuisine: NOTE: To make SCD legal, remove chickpeas and add in your favorite SCD legal white bean instead
- 2 cups buttercup squash, cooked, and cubed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¾ cup chickpeas
- ¾ cup brown lentils
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup no added sugar spaghetti sauce*
- 2 cups chicken broth**
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- *Tomato paste can be substituted; you would need about 1 Tbsp.
- **Vegetable broth can be used if cooking vegetarian.
- Place all ingredients except peanuts and cilantro into slow cooker.
- Cover and set on low for 6 hours; stirring occasionally.
- Ladle stew into bowls and top with peanuts and cilantro.