Beautifully Nutty – Recipe #5
This salad is great on it’s own or you could pair it with Greek chicken kabobs!
Serves: 8-10 as a side salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cooked in half chicken broth and half water)
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced finely
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, cut into shreds
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ Tbsp. ground mustard
- cracked black pepper
- In a small container, mix up the dressing. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, red pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and half of the dressing. Give it a gentle stir, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge overnight (or for a couple of hours).
- The next day, remove the salad and add in the remainder of the dressing, mix to combine. Finish by sprinkling feta cheese and fresh basil on top of salad. Enjoy!!